Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Smart Dust

Smart dust is tiny electronic devices designed to capture mountains of information about their surroundings while literally floating on air. Nowadays, sensors, computers and communicators are shrinking down to ridiculously small sizes. If all of these are packed into a single tiny device, it can open up new dimensions in the field of communications.The idea behind 'smart dust' is to pack sophisticated sensors, tiny computers and wireless communicators in to a cubic-millimeter mote to form the basis of integrated, massively distributed sensor networks. They will be light enough to remain suspended in air for hours. As the motes drift on wind, they can monitor the environment for light, sound, temperature, chemical composition and a wide range of other information, and beam that data back to the base station, miles away.

Smart Dust requires both evolutionary and revolutionary advances in miniaturization, integration, and energy management. Designers can use microelectromechanical systems to build small sensors, optical communication components, and power supplies, whereas microelectronics provides increasing functionality in smaller areas, with lower energy consumption. The power system consists of a thick-film battery, a solar cell with a charge-integrating capacitor for periods of darkness, or both. Depending on its objective, the design integrates various sensors, including light, temperature, vibration, magnetic field, acoustic, and wind shear, onto the mote. An integrated circuit provides sensor-signal processing, communication, control, data storage, and energy management. A photodiode allows optical data reception. There are presently two transmission schemes: passive transmission using a corner-cube retro reflector, and active transmission using a laser diode and steerable mirrors.

45 comments:

Unknown said...

plz send me the details

Avi... !!! said...

pls sent me details. i m preparing 4 my seminar at collg

Unknown said...

hii plzz send me the report on smart dust.how this smart dust is used i.e, it is integrated with any thing or it can be used as it is???can u plzz answer it

Unknown said...

hey plz send me the details on smart dust

Madhurya said...

could u send me details abt its components with images and various appilcetion of smart dust.

Unknown said...

pleas do send me more details abt it..

Vinay Naikar said...

please send me the entire document on this exciting topic

Neha said...

hii plz send me details on smart dust

Unknown said...

please send me details of smart dust

Unknown said...

please send me more details on smart dust that is its working,about components with images and its application.Its urgent.Please,please do send.

Unknown said...

hi can u plz send me full details regarding this so tat i can know about this deeply

Sw@t! said...

plz send me details

Unknown said...

can u plz send me details of this topic to my email ronath4u@gmail.com

Biswa said...

plz send me the details

as soon as pssible

Unknown said...

plz if u cud send me details on dis topic....

Unknown said...

Please send me more details

aditi said...

please send me all the details of this topic.I'm planning to take it up as my seminar topic.Also, it would be a great favour if u can tell other sites where its details are available.

Unknown said...

can i ve further details on smart dust........need it urgently...thank u..

SAM said...

could u please send me more detailes regarding this topic as i have to give a seminar at colg

M Priyanka said...

its really an interesting topic...plz send me d details.i m preparing 4 my seminar

avisek said...

hi actually i have seminar tommorow can u give some more imformation about smart dust

Anonymous said...

i need to give a presentation on smart dust can u send some information on tht

Unknown said...

plz send me the details

amritha said...

can u please give me further details on this topic.. n i wd b greatful if u recommand sites vch wd give more details on this

rajani said...

hello can you pls send me d details of this seminar

Unknown said...

Please do send the details on this topic i.e Smart Dust so that I can select this topic for my seminar,

unstoppable said...

this is good but,i want more detail about this.because i am preparing seminar report for my college.

swathi said...

will u plz send me the details of this topic i need to give seminar on this topic plz

Unknown said...

hi coul u pls send me the complete details of smart dust

Unknown said...

hi could u pls send me the complete details of smart dust

Anshul Sharma said...

pls send me the report if u have & send me to anshulgit@yahoo.com
pls i need it...
or mananshul@gmail.com

bency said...

plz snd me the details on smart dust

Unknown said...

plz send me the details tomorrow itself.

Unknown said...

PLZ SEND DETAIL INFORMATION I HAVE TO GIVE SEMINAR ON SMART DUST TDY BY 11.45AM

Unknown said...

please send me the details

AshiRaj said...

plz send me some ppt & other details on smart dust

Unknown said...

pls send me the details and report about this topic.how this smart dust is used.

Unknown said...

Could u plz mail me the entire document along with the presentation. i need it to present it by the next week at college.thanq

savita said...

hey send full detail of this topic...plz plz

Unknown said...

plz send full report on smart Dust with abstract.its very urgent for me.pis give full of information about this

Unknown said...

plz send full report on smart Dust with abstract.its very urgent for me.pis give full of information about this with ppt also

sushma said...

plzz send me the full information about this...

sushma said...

plz send me the full information abt this....i.e.,smart dust......

karan said...

plz plz send me the details plzz i hv seminar monday plzz ppt and report plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

karan said...

plzzzzzzz send me the details